Thursday 26 November 2009

LAMPLIGHT

A lamp is lit to glow in my spirit's hearth,
I rest in rosy red of dawn with God who's One.
For at my core he shines blazing like the Sun.
Let sandal wood breathe and perfume Earth,
Letting petty 'me' go, to start a new birth.

The art of diving deep within, is my own
Earnest practise, solemnly bowing down
My ashen head at His lotus feet, to know
The oil in my camphor lamp* will always flow.

The Quest itself derives from fear of death,
At edge of brink to that far off ocean depth,
I catch a glimpse of light from down below,
And sink within,letting sad world float away,
As old day fades, my flame shall always stay.
The Holy Task is to my Self be true and know!

*Camphor burnt in votive lamps leaves no residue

>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.