Sunday 5 September 2010

THE BURNING BUSH

Sage Moses, desert wandering, spied a fearsome fire,
A bush of prickly gorse crackling, hissed with ire,
'Twas being eaten by sheets of white raging flame ,
When from that effulgence, there spoke The Holy Name!
Fearless Moses enquired, as 'twas his right to do,
"Voice speaking from the fire, tell me, who are you?"
A loud voice thundered, listen child, "I AM THAT I AM!"
Such was the revelation, uttered by that Sacred Name.

King David sang a psalm for his lyric harp to play,
One inspired and most auspicious summer day;
He raised his voice and sang "Commune with your heart
Upon your bed, be still." Such wisdom he did impart:
When joined with words, `I AM THAT I AM' as one's aim,
That's the same truth Sage Ramana did once proclaim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.