Sunday 11 July 2010

SAVE ME!

As for myself, my poor body's now so weak
It shakes while walking; my mind will speak,
But grown very dull; while all Vedic Mantras
Forgotten. Age has overtaken shastras,
My eyes are dim, although clear in yoga,
I remain ignorant. O Sad-Guru Ramana
Save me!,

Wantonly inflated by pride of being
Lord of all the senses, the mind fails in seeing
Its true Lord seated in the spiritual heart.
Looking on life as the ultimate part,
I have not achieved the Goal. Alas! then
Sad-Guru Ramana, shall Self be Realised when?
Save me!

The world which was so pleasing always
Perished. Yet the miserable mind stays
And runs after sense-pleasures alone.
O Ramana Bhagavan, I haven't yet known
Or realized the Supreme Brahman adored
By the few. Life is lived in vain, I'm floored.
Save me!

Saints are sustainers of society's hands.
Philo says 'Households, cities, countries, lands,
Have enjoyed greatest happiness and peace,
When an enlightened Sage has taken lease
Of the good and beautiful. Such great men
Not only free themselves, but all, so then
Save me!

The true sages possess the inner joy,
Peace, free of circumstance cannot cloy.
Happiness independent of outer things,
Beyond forms of social life, their heart sings.
They strive for fulfilling the Divine in the world
For the good of all, God's aim they've unfurled!
Save me!

A free versification of a Sanskrit Poem by Ganapati Muni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.